I’m going to be completely honest. I’m not happy with myself. Financially, spiritually, physically… not at all. So I’m going to change today, on October 6th. New Year’s Day is a little less than 3 months away and I’m not cool with staying the way I am for the next 3 months. No thanks. Today is the day. The final day. Here’s what I’ll be changing:
1) I’m going to put more time and effort into my physical appearance. – That means eating healthy, keeping my nails done, keeping my hair straight, + a whole lot more. This female stuff is a whole lot of work, man. I’m more of a bro so this is uncharted territory for me. Stay tuned for updates. I’m pretty sure there will be a lot of frustrated posts where I’ll be freaking out and want to give up on this stuff.
2) Budgeting will become my best friend. – Budgeting is actually something I’m looking forward to. I love structure and organization. I love knowing what I’ll be doing and when I’ll be doing it. Plans make me swoon. Yes, I did use the not-so-much-of-a-word ‘swoon’. It’s just something I adore.
3) I will, reluctantly, eat more vegetables. – And by vegetables, I mean lettuce, cucumbers, pickles, sweet peas, corn, carrot sticks (with peanut butter), celery sticks (also with peanut butter), and …. that’s it. Those are the only vegetables I eat. My mom used to make string beans and I hated them UNTIL she added syrup to them. I would do that but that’s such a contradictory meal, so that goes out the window.
4) I’m determined to consume more water than a dog in a desert. – Water before every meal. Yup. That’s what it’ll be. It helps burn calories.
5) Hair, Nails, & Face. OH MY! – Yeah, man. *Deep sigh* My hair is super short and at it’s natural texture. The only thing is that it’s dyed; honey blonde. I’ve been OH SO tempted to go back to relaxing my hair but I’m fighting the urge. As for my nails, I’ll be keeping them painted. Whether with a color or whether they’re clear, THEY WILL REMAIN PAINTED. Now. For my face… I’m determined to rid it of all acne and dark marks. I will wash it twice a day and take care of it as if it were my baby. Like, come on. It’s the first thing that people see when they look at me. Gotta make a great first impression.
That’s all for now. I’ll be sure to post as I progress and continue with this lovely journey.